Saturday, February 6, 2010

And a Day full of seizures

family pic at Clifton Mills in December.
Look at those lights Tristan!

I think I jinxed it! I hadnt posted on here in months. Bragging about how we hit our one year seizure mark, and in the early hours this morning it began. Tristan woke up about 3am just screaming. Nothing would soothe him. We stayed awake till about 6am. Slept for an hour and woke up and he did some funny "jerks". He kept doing them throughout the morning. Seizures! He had about 15 seizures in a few hours. After he would have one of his sudden seizures he would cry. It was a cry like he knew something wasn't right. Poor guy. I called the neurologist on call in Cinci and they said to give him the diastat. This is a heavy duty rectal seizure med that we have never had to use but have had on hand for the past year. I was in tears giving this to him. Couldnt believe we were going through this again. After the diastat he became very drowsy. (as to be expected.) We took a nap about 2:30ish and he woke up an hour later and didn't have a seizure the rest of the evening. Mamal and Papal stopped by which made Tristan very excited. He got a burst of energy for awhile and began to smile again. We took the rest of the evening very easy and he is finally in bed now. Hope he gets some much needed rest tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment