Hello!
Well since the last time we posted, we have decided to get Tristan a seizure/mobility dog. It is actually called a multi-purpose dog. We are in contract with 4paws for abilities out of xenia, ohio. The cost of the dog that we have to pay is $13,000! I know we can do it though. Tristan has such a great support system.
I have also taken Tristan off of his Robinol medication. He was on it for drooling. After talking with Tristan's Pulmonologist in Dayton who was rather upset that Tristan was on it decided to take him off it instantly. He told us that Robinol could have been a reason for Tristan last seizure. That Robinol is in controversy with Epileptic kids. I was soo mad I was ready to kick the wall in the office. WHY WOULD A DOCTOR GIVE A CHILD WHO HAS HAD ALMOST 10,000 SEIZURES A MED LIKE THAT!!??? and not tell me a damn thing about it! ohh dont get me started. There is no other medication that we can do for his drooling because they are all in the same "family" as the Robinol. So now we are looking into an surgical procedure to tye off Tristan's salivary glands. This will help him not drool like he is. Its not a problem that he is drooling, but he is choking on it. He coughs from his drool and sometimes I think he aspirates it. So we have to do something about this. I will post when I know for sure.
ANyway. We are still trying to get a house. We are currently lookin at one in Huber Heights. We have a bid in, so fingers crossed we should know this week if we get Tristan his first house! And we will have a therapy room! awesome!
Otherwise all is well in our crazy busy life!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment