Wednesday, April 21, 2010

He's almost 4!

Tristan eatin his mcdonalds cheeseburger. He got that up to his mouth all by himself! Watchin TV and eating, hes sucha man!

You can kinda see his new communication device in this pic. This is the one at therapy
Tristan's bracelets. $3.00 a piece


He loves to wear all his daddy's hats!



WOw! 2 updates so far this month, I am on a roll right? lol
Tristan is doing well. He is back in school finally. He loves school. Its cute because a few of the kids call him George, because of Tristan's love for Curious George at school. His aide began to nickname him George, and the kids have caught on. So now when Tristan leaves a few of the kids say "BYE GEORGE!"
In his augmentative communication therapy, we have officially ordered a communication device. It is a Vantage Light. Its pretty cool. Tristan can activate it with a pancake switch, or its a touch screen for when he gets better control of his hands. He has mastered the eating section of the device, so it is always saying, "I want to eat" and he just laughs. I sware I think his therapist thinks I dont feed him!
Tristan's 4th bday is coming up! I cant believe it. We are having his bday party May 23rd (Sunday) at Golden Gate park in Brookville around 6pm I think. I will get invites out soon. BUT instead of gifts for his bday ( because he doesnt need ANYTHING!) we are asking for money for his dog, or anything to go with him and his dog. Anything from gcards to vets, pet stores, leashes, bowls, or even puppy picture frames. Please no gifts of toys or clothes for Tristan.
Really I think thats all that is new. Still staying very busy with his therapies and doc appts. I have also started a Cerebral Palsy Support Group in the Miami Valley area. This will be a great resource for Tristan and I. If your interested in being apart or know anyone that is please let me know! So far I got 7 other families! wahoo!
Tristan is still having trouble with all his drool/saliva. I am just so unsure what I wanna do about this. Waiting to go back to an ENT in Cinci for it.
I am also working on fundraisers to help with the cost of the 4paws dog. I will def give out more info as I finalize my plans. Thank you everyone for your support and helping make Tristan's Dream Team begin.

No comments:

Post a Comment